SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!
2022 GOLDEN NIB WRITING CONTEST
ENTRIES ACCEPTED: March 15 – April 29
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: June 2022
CONTEST AWARDS!!!! (in each category)
1st ($100) 2nd ($50) 3rd ($25)
CATEGORIES: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
· The author's name, school affiliation, grade, and category (fiction, nonfiction, poetry) should be entered in the website form.
· The Virginia Writer ’s Club reserves the right to post a list of winners on our website and publish the winning entries in our annual Golden Nib and Teen Nib Journal to be released in November.
FORMAT (submissions not in accord with format rules will be disqualified)
· Fiction and non-fiction entries must be 1,500 words or less. Poetry entries must be 40 lines or less.
· Entry must be in doc, docx, or rtf format.
· All pages must show contest category, submission title, and page number in the header.
· Entries are judged anonymously. If the author’s name or any identifying information appears on any page, the entry will be disqualified.
· Format entries using Times New Roman, 12 pt. font, double-spaced, 8 1⁄2 by 11-inch page size, left-justified, and 1-inch margins on top, bottom, and left. Poetry should be single-spaced, with double spacing between stanzas.
All entries must be submitted online through this link: