Leslie Truex is an ideaphoric writer, author, speaker, entrepreneur and literary agent trying to do it all from the comfort of home. Her writing career has evolved from freelance writing small business articles for The Balance Small Business (formerly About.com) to currently ghostwriting romance for a rapid release entrepreneur.
She continues to write romance and mystery under her pen name, Jenna Harte, and hosts an online community for romance writers at WritewithHarte.com.
She is a past president of the Virginia Writers Club.
She is the author of Digital Writer Success: How to Make a Living Blogging, Freelance Writing, and Publishing Online (Koehler Books, 2015), The Work-At-Home Success Bible (Adams Media 2009), and Jobs Online (Moxie Vie Media 2011).
She writes romance and mystery under the pen name Jenna Harte. She's the author of the sexy cozy Valentine series, the first book of which reached the quarter-finals in Amazon's Breakthrough Novel Award in 2013. She also penned the Southern Heat contemporary romance series and the Sophie Parker Coupon Mysteries.
She's a literary agent with Blue Ridge Literary Agency representing romance and YA fantasy.
Leslie has spoken at or been on a panel at the Virginia Festival of the Book, Virginia Writers Club Navigating Your Writing Life Symposium, the Maryland Writers Association, Suffolk Mystery Author Festival, Malice Domestic, Thrillerfest, and more.
* Write Up To 5,000 Words Per Hour Using Dictation
* Beyond Amazon: Alternatives for Indie Authors to Sell More Books
* AI Tools for Authors: Ways AI can help authors brainstorm, break writers block, research, organize, revise, market and more
* Writing Chemistry: From side-kicks to romantic liaisons, how to write so that readers feel the connection between your characters
* Plotting Murder: How to plot a murder mystery
* Writing Swoonworthy Romance
* Pet Peeves of Agents and Editors (Or What Not to Do When Seeking an Agent/Publisher)
* How to Take Advantage of Writing Groups to Write More and Grow Your Writing Career or Hobby
When Leslie isn't writing, she enjoys reading, artistic endeavors (although she's not very artistic), and binge watching YouTube. Her goal in life is to live on a beach and write every day on her lanai.