The Virginia Writers Club has put out a call for workshop presenters for its 2019 Navigating Your Writing Life Symposium to be held August 3, 2019 in Charlottesville, Virginia.
This year's theme is "From Pondering to Publishing to Promoting."
Come share your expertise on the writing craft and post-writing processes! Mingle and network with other writers and publishing professionals!
As a VWC symposium presenter, you will receive:
• Free conference registration ($90 value)
• Lunch and refreshments ($20 value)
• The opportunity to market yourself and your body of work during the workshop
• Your workshop handout with your author information in the Symposium book handed out to all participants.
• The opportunity to have your books sold during the symposium. (You must bring your books, but we will have a local vendor handle sales for a commission on the cost of the books.)
The 2019 VWC Navigating Your Writing Life Symposium will have a total of 16 workshops (4 sessions of 4 workshops).
We're looking for specific, niched topics over generic subjects. For example, "Using Facebook Ads to Drive Sales" instead of "Marketing Your Book."
Possible (But Not Exhaustive) List of Categories:
- Non-fiction writing
- Writing for magazines
- Writing memoirs
- Creating at book launch plan
- Virtual book tours
- Marketing plans
- Writing for children and/or teens
- Legal issues in writing
- Genre specific writing (romance, mystery, fantasy, horror, sci-fi, etc)
- Specific promotion topics (i.e. Facebook Ads, street teams, etc)
- Getting an agent or publisher
- Craft of writing topics such as dialogue, point of view, etc.
- Specific self-publishing topics such as how to get a book ready for publishing, formatting, cover design, etc.
- Engaging customers at signings
Speaker selection will be made by April 5, 2019.
To be considered, please fill in the form below or here.