SUBMISSIONS NOW OPEN!
ENTRIES ACCEPTED: May 15 – June 29
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: August 2020
CONTEST AWARDS(in each category)
1st ($100) 2nd ($50) 3rd ($25)
All entries must be submitted online through this link: Teen Nib Submission
CATEGORIES: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
- Only students in high school (or starting high school in 2020) are eligible for this contest.
- Only one submission per category is allowed. If a teen is entering more than one category, they should submit each entry separately to the link.
- Only unpublished work will be accepted. Submissions must not have won first place in any other writing contest.
FORMAT (submissions not in accord with format rules will be disqualified)
· Fiction and non-fiction entries must be no longer than 1,500 words. Poetry entries must be no longer than 40 lines.
· Cover sheet and entry must be in doc, docx, rtf or pages format.
· The cover sheet must include the author's name, school district, grade, and category (fiction, nonfiction, poetry).
· All pages must show contest category, title, and page number in the header.
· If the author ’s name appears on any page, the entry will be disqualified (entries are judged anonymously).
· Put entries in Times New Roman, 12 pt, double-spaced on an 8 ½ by 11-inch page, with 1-inch margins top, bottom and left, and a ragged right margin. Poetry may be single-spaced
· The Virginia Writer’s Club reserves the right to post a list of winners on our website and post winning entries for a period of up to a year. After the contest, all rights revert to the author.