2018 TEEN GOLDEN NIB WRITING CONTEST
ENTRIES ACCEPTED: October 15 – December 15
WINNERS ANNOUNCED: February, 2018
• All entries must be mailed with a completed CONTEST ENTRY FORM. If a student is entering more than one category, only one entry form is required
• The VWC is not responsible for contest submissions delivered late or lost in the mail.
• Only unpublished manuscripts will be accepted. Manuscripts must not have won first place in any other writing contest.
• Submissions not in accordance with format and other rules will be disqualified.
• The Virginia Writers Club reserves the right to post a list of winners on our website and to post winning entries for a period of up to one year. After the contest, all rights revert to the author.
• Cover sheet (REQUIRED!) to include: (a) name; (b) division; (c) category; (d) title.
• All other pages with division, category, title and page number in header only. If author’s name appears on any page of the manuscript other than the cover sheet, the entry will be disqualified.
• Submissions must include 2 copies of manuscript.
• Manuscripts must be in 12 pitch Times New Roman type, double-spaced on 8-1/2 x 11-inch white paper with one-inch margins, ragged right margin. Poetry may be single spaced.
LENGTH: Poetry has a 40-line limit • Fiction and Nonfiction has a 1,500-word limit.
DIVISIONS & CATEGORIES Limit (1) entry per category in appropriate division.
• MIDDLE SCHOOL: Poetry, Fiction, Nonfiction
• HIGH SCHOOL: Poetry, Fiction, Nonfiction
Entries must be postmarked no later than December 15 (no exceptions).
MAIL entries to: VWC-Teen Golden Nib, P. O. Box 94, Somerset, VA 22972
CONTEST AWARDS (in each division and category)
1st ($50) 2nd ($25) 3rd ($10)
For more information, contact Linda Layne, VWC Teen Outreach
DOWNLOAD GUIDELINES & ENTRY FORM